Posted On: October 7, 2016
In September, we had put up a post on how BDE will be participating in the Washington County Bus Tours on the occasion of Manufacturing Day. Well, now that plan has come to fruition. On October 7th, 2016, high school students will be invited to participate in the tour of BDE Manufacturing Technologies’ facilities. The event will take place at the BDE factory from 9:40 am till around noon. This post provides all the details that schools, students, and other guests will require.
Details of the BDE Tour
The theme of the event is “Choosing a Career in Manufacturing”. Students and guests will be given practical information on why manufacturing is a great career option to choose. The following points are the various topics and information that will be provided during the tour.
- Introduction (9:40 to 9:50 am): Students and guests will be given introduction on the manufacturing industry, its growth, and its current status in the market. The speaker will also elaborate on the benefits of choosing the manufacturing industry, such as:
- Utilizing new and innovative equipment and technologies.
- The satisfaction of producing a performance application component or product.
- Opportunities to learn, and improve skill sets over time.
- The advantage of working indoors, and with automated machines.
- Freedom to work beyond the age of retirement.
- About BDE (9:50 to 10:00am): A BDE spokesperson will introduce and elaborate on the organization, and the various benefits that employees receive by working with BDE. HR personnel will also be present to answer any queries before starting the tour.
- Commencement of the Tour (10:00 to 10:30am): The tour will show the guests and students around the BDE factory and premises. They will have an opportunity to see firsthand the various manufacturing processes, how they are performed, and the machines that are used to complete the work.
- Panel Discussion/Hands-on Activity (10:30 to 11:00am): Post the tour, a panel of experts will discuss the future of the industry, and how the youth can benefit by joining it in the future. There may also be an activity where students will get a chance to see how a particular process is performed. A small sub assembly will also be organized in order for students to collect more information about BDE, and the manufacturing industry.
- Final Questions and Departure (11:00 to 11:10am): After the activity and discussion, the panel will cater to questions asked by students, parents, and other guests. The panel will try to provide as much information as possible to help students choose manufacturing as a career. Post the Q and A round, the event will be concluded.
But that’s not all. BDE will also be accepting resumes from high school students, who are interested in joining the organization after their graduation. BDE will also offer interested students to perform job shadowing. This entails following an employee through his entire work day. The student will observe the various work activities that the employee performs, as well as get firsthand opinions about working in the manufacturing industry.
This specialized tour will interest a number of Oregon high school students. We at BDE Manufacturing, Inc. look forward to meeting all of you on October 7th, at the BDE facility. We hope to see you there.