Electrical Discharge Machining, which is also referred to as EDM, is a method used for cutting almost any electrically conductive material. BDE Manufacturing Technologies offers wire and small hole drilling EDM services for all industries and applications.
Capabilities Wire EDM Services
Following are the capabilities of wire EDM services:
• 27 Years’ Experience in Complex Wire EDM Parts
• Offering 4 axis EDM cutting that are highly accurate
• Wire EDM cutting tolerances are up to +/- .0001
Advantages of EDM Services Provided by BDE Manufacturing Technologies
Electrical discharge machining services offer a number of advantages. Some reasons to choose this method are as given below:
1. Fine hole drilling: EDM drilling can be used to produce fine holes that are challenging to produce by other methods.
2. Accuracy: EDM manufacturing is the best option for highly accurate machining. It can make cuts that match your designs within ± 0.0001”.
3. Superior results: It is capable of producing parts that require tooling. It can also produce a superior surface finish compared to other forms of manufacturing.
4. Complexity: If you want to manufacture complex and delicate parts, then wire EDM machining is an excellent option. With this method, you can easily manufacture the same complex part over and over again with the same precision.
5. Accurate internal cuts: With this method, it is easier to produce square-edged internal cuts, as compared to other machining methods.
6. Shorter lead times: Owing to its accuracy, it takes lesser time to get a product from its prototype phase to the marketplace.
7. Tapers: This method is useful for cutting long tapers that cannot be produced by other machining methods.
8. Less setup time: It reduces the need for tooling, and this in turn helps reduce the time required to setup.
9. Simultaneous Cutting: Some times, EDM wire can cut through a pile of sheeting materials to produce identical Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) components simultaneously. This increases the productivity, thus effectively saving you money and time.
10. Superior Consistency: Conventional cutting tools can wear down or break throughout the entire cutting process, thus resulting in discrepancies in the final product. With Wire EDM, the entire process is computer and robotics controlled. We can create duplicate parts that are virtually identical.
11. Eliminates Finishing: Wire EDM cuts at BDE Manufacturing Technologies produces fine finishes, which do not need any other surface treatments. The product that comes out of our machines is ready to use.
Materials that are Compatible for Wire EDM Machining
It is difficult to cut or mold some materials without heating them. The technique of wire EDM machining makes it possible to cut these materials without heating. This technique works best with materials that are good conductors of electricity, such as:
• Hast alloy
• Stainless steel
• Carbon graphite
• Carbon steel
Industries Using EDM?
Electrical discharge machining services are used widely in the following industries:
• Medical Device Manufacturing: As wire EDM machining makes it possible to cut or mold materials like steel without heating it, this method is an ideal choice of medical device manufacturers. With this method, the manufacturing of several life-saving instruments made from carbon steel becomes easier.
• Tool, Die and Mold Making: With the help of EDM machining, it is possible to create very fine holes and profiles. Thus, electrical discharge machining is often used in the production of Molds, dies and Custom tools & Fixtures.
• Military and Aerospace Applications: EDM is used widely in the military and aerospace industries to produce parts for important equipment. EDM are used to cut several aerospace parts.
• Automotive Industry: In a competitive automotive industry, it is necessary to have short cycle times, and cutting costs. These are offered by EDM. Owing to its efficiency and accuracy, automotive manufacturers also turn to wire EDM.
Applications of Wire EDM:
Owing to its versatility, manufacturers use wire EDM for a wide range of applications as follows:
• Prototype production
• Coinage die making
• Small hole drilling
• Mechanical parts machining
• Metal disintegration machining
• Mold machining
For more on the wire electrical discharge machining, you can contact our expert team at BDE Manufacturing Technologies. You can reach out to us via phone on 503.648.7418 or you can mail us at email@example.com.