Stainless Steel CNC Machining
Stainless steel is one of the most popular industrial alloys ever produced. These alloys demand carefully maintained tooling and machining. This is why there are a few stainless steel machining services in the US. BDE Technologies, Inc. stands tall among them. Our manufacturing professionals have a vast experience on different types of steel alloys, which allow them to adjust the production process to gain maximum efficiency and achieve high productivity.
Stainless Steel CNC Machining Services
Stainless steel is one of the challenging materials to work with. When machining a stainless steel part, it is very important to ensure that there is no tool chatter or rubbing caused due to vibration. Our advanced CNC machines help us ensure high-quality surface perfection. Our customers approach us for the following CNC machining services:
• Precision CNC Machining Services: Recently, we have invested in a state-of-the-art CNC machining equipment, which enables us to take up complex projects requiring precision CNC machining services such as:
o Thread Milling
o 3 & 4 Axis Milling & Turning
• CNC Milling and Turning Services: We utilize live tooling and 3 & 4 machinery axis to provide a comprehensive range of CNC milling and turning services.
Stainless Steel Types We Work With
We regularly work with the following types of stainless steel:
• Alloy 302: This is one of the most popular austenitic variety of stainless steel, which is well-known for its corrosion resistance, and ductility. The steel has a tendency to work harden, however, it can be easily overcome by slow speeds.
• Alloy 303: This is the most easily machineable austenitic steel variety. This stainless steel grade exhibits excellent toughness. Sometimes sulfur addition may lower its corrosion and toughness. We always take care of the following while working with alloy 303 stainless steel types:
o Cutting edges are always sharp, because dull edges may cause work hardening.
o Chip breakers are used to ensure that swarf remains clear of the work.
o Huge quantities of coolants or lubricating agents are used to avoid heat concentration on the edges.
• Alloy 304: This stainless steel type comprises of 8% nickel, and 18% chromium, with the maximum carbon concentration of 0.07%. This austenitic stainless steel exhibits excellent corrosion resistance and offers excellent formability after CNC machining. Due to all these reasons, it is most commonly used for creating various commercial and home appliances. This steel is also easily weldable and can be easily welded using various resistance and fusion welding processes.
• 17-4 PH Stainless Steel: This is a martensitic stainless steel, which is precipitation hardenable. These steels provide a comprehensive combination of mechanical properties such as corrosion resistance, oxidation, etc. The mechanical properties of this steel can be easily improved by heat treatment.
• Alloy 400 Series: These stainless steels have 11 percent chromium, and 1 percent manganese composition. The steels are heat treated to harden. These stainless steels have high carbon content, which contributes to its martensitic crystalline form. This structure provides high wear resistance and structural integrity after CNC machining. These steels aren’t’ excellent corrosion or rust inhibitors.
Applications of CNC Machined Stainless Steel Parts
Various industries use parts made from stainless steel. Some popular applications include:
• Marine Parts
• Medical Devices
• Hospital and lab Instruments
• Automotive Parts
• Pressure Tanks
• Engine Parts
• Electronic Parts
• Weld Ferrules
We provide the CNC machining for stainless steel parts used in the following industries:
Industry Standards Met
The following industry standards help us to ensure precision and accuracy of components:
• ISO 9001:2008
• Mil-Spec ( Military Specifications)
We, at BDE Manufacturing Technologies, are committed to providing high-quality services at competitive prices. This commitment has brought us recognition as one of the leading CNC machining services in the USA. Our broad experience combined with our expertise has helped us take up various complex projects with ease. Our long list of happy and satisfied customers is the testament of our commitment to provide quality services at fastest turnaround times. Contact us or request a quote today about utilizing our stainless steel CNC machining services.