Steel CNC Machining
BDE Manufacturing Technologies Inc. is one of the trusted companies for steel CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machining. Steel, which is a metal alloy, majorly consists of iron. Other elements contained are carbon, chromium, tungsten, manganese, and vanadium. If you are thinking of getting different steel parts CNC machined, then we have you covered.
Material Grades we Work With
We provide CNC machining services for steel and its different grades. The following are some grades of steel that we work with:
1. Mild Steel – This grade of steel is known to have a lower content of carbon (0 to 0.25%). This helps increase the ductility of the steel and makes it strong. The low carbon variant of mild steel is used for forming and packaging.
2. Carbon Steel – This is one of the most widely used grades of steel in the US. The carbon content of carbon steel is greater than that of the mild steel. Carbon steel is less ductile but much stronger as compared to mild steel.
3. Plain Carbon Steel – This is another grade of steel that we work with. Depending upon the carbon content, this grade is further divided into several sub-categories, which include low, medium, high, and ultra-high carbon steel.
4. Low & High Alloy Steel – The total alloying content of the low alloy steels can vary from 2.07% to 10.5%. The alloying elements present in low alloy steels include molybdenum, chromium, and nickel. On the other hand, high alloy steels are a type of stainless steel, which contains a minimum of 10.5% chromium, along with nickel. This helps make these steel variants corrosion resistant and attain properties like good weldability and strength.
Steel CNC Machining Capabilities of BDE Inc.
We have a vast variety of equipment and tools for CNC machining of steel. These equipment help us deliver the best end product to our customers. Here’s a look at our steel CNC machining capabilities.
1. Precision Machining – We manufacture steel parts by precision machining, which is one of our excellent services. Our well-equipped facility allows us to produce high-quality steel parts. Cold saws, CNC lathes, honing machines, tool grinders, horizontal and vertical band saws, and tool setters are some of the crucial equipment that we use for machining high-quality steel parts. With this equipment, we can carry out operations, such as reaming, drilling, tapping, gear hobbing, pocketing, broaching, etc. Besides this, we also have the capability to provide you secondary services, which include assembly, heat treating, plating, anodizing, and much more.
2. CNC Turning & Milling – This is another capability of BDE Inc. CNC milling and turning are among the most important steps involved in the whole steel machining process. It is carried out using a variety of equipment, which includes CNC turning center, tool room lathe, vertical and horizontal mill, CNC mill, etc. A variety of operations, including tapered turning, threading, knurling, boring, parting, and grooving is performed to deliver steel parts of high-quality. The CNC milling and turning at BDE Inc. conforms to ISO, RoHS, ASME, ANSI, and Mil-Spec regulations.
3. Electrical Discharge (Wire EDM) – Electrical discharge machining or wire EDM machining is also carried out at our facility for producing various steel parts. Close fitting parts with high dimensional accuracy can be manufactured using this technique. Cutting tolerances up to ± .0001 can be achieved with the help of wire EDM machining. Electrical discharge machining is also referred to as spark EDM machining and is mainly used in challenging machining applications. The use of advanced machinery helps accelerate the process of setting up production and prototype runs.
At BDE Manufacturing Technologies Inc., we are known to provide the best-in-class steel CNC machining from our state-of-the-art machine shop. Get in touch with our experts at the earliest. Please give us a call on 866.262.6233 or send us an email with your queries at email@example.com.