Posted On: December 8, 2016
CNC refers to Computer Numerical Control. CNC machining is a process used in the manufacturing sector that makes use of computers to control machine tools. Tools such as lathes, mills, routers, and grinders can be controlled in this manner. A computer program is tailored for an object, and machines are programmed with G-code, which is a CNC machining language. The program is responsible for controlling features such as coordination, location, feed rate, and speed. With the help of CNC machining, a computer can control positioning and velocity precisely.
Types of CNC Machines:
There are different types of CNC machines, which are used to make different machine components in a number of manufacturing industries. Following are different types of CNC machines:
• CNC Plasma Cutters
• CNC Milling Machines
• CNC Routers
• CNC Lathe Machines
• Electrical Discharge CNC Machines
Advantages of 4 Axis CNC Machines:
A 4 axis CNC machine has a lot of advantages. Here are the top five advantages that make a 4 axis CNC machine the first choice for various industries:
1. Increased Effectiveness of Production: One can program the 4 axis CNC machine to lower human interference in a particular manufacturing process. This helps reduce production time, thus ensuring increased production effectiveness.
2. Simplifies work: The processes that an operator performs manually with a conventional machine take a lot of time and efforts. These processes can be programmed using a 4 axis CNC machine, thus, simplifying the work for the operator.
3. High Precision: A 4 axis CNC machine is capable of producing precise work pieces consistently. Once the programming controls are confirmed, the 4 axis CNC machine produces thousands of pieces, in a short period of time.
4. Flexible Processing: As the processes are programmed, a 4 axis CNC machine is flexible. You can run a key program for one piece, save it, and then recall it again when the piece is required to be cloned.
5. Easy to Set-up: A 4 axis CNC machine is easy to setup. This helps you save time, and allows you to meet deadlines efficiently.
It is essential to have an understanding and experience of CNC machining to be fruitful in today’s competitive environment. This knowledge will allow you to take advantage of solution driven equipment, which can help enhance the success of your business.