Titanium CNC Machining
Along with providing Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machining services for steel, and copper, we also have the capability to provide this service for titanium. BDE Inc. is one of the most experienced service providers of titanium CNC machining.
Titanium CNC Machining Capabilities
We employ different CNC machining techniques for titanium at our facility:
• Precision Machining – We have a well-equipped facility with the most advanced machinery to carry out precision machining of titanium. Vertical and horizontal mills, tool grinders, turning centers with live tools, cold saws, CNC lathes, CNC mills, and tool setters are some advanced tools that we use. These equipment and tools help us provide high-quality precision machining, which includes pocketing, broaching, profiling, drilling, turning, thread milling, reaming, and much more. Different secondary services, such as heat treating, centerless grinding, plating, and anodizing are also provided.
• CNC Turning & Milling – The CNC turning and milling of titanium is carried out at our facility with the help of different equipment having 3 and 4 axis. Some equipment that we use is a vertical mill, horizontal mill, CNC mill, CNC lathe, CNC turning center, etc. This makes us capable of carrying out operations, such as grooving, parting, knurling, drilling, etc.
Alloys and Grades of Titanium We Work With
There are a vast variety of titanium grades and alloys. However, we have the capability to work with the following grades and alloys of titanium:
1. Titanium Grades 1-4 – Grades 1 to 4 of titanium are considered to be the purest. These grades are not alloyed and are in their original form. As the number of grade goes up, the yield strength and the tensile strength of the titanium increases. This means that the tensile and yield strength of grade 2 titanium is greater than that of grade 1, and so on. The strength-to-weight ratio of these grades is high. Moreover, they are lighter than steel.
2. Titanium Grade 5 – The grade 5 titanium alloy is also referred to as Ti 6-4, or Ti-6AL-4V, or Ti6Al4V, and is one of the most widely used alloys in various applications. The titanium grade 5 alloy is known for its high strength. It offers more resistance to high temperatures as compared to that offered by grade 2 titanium. This is the reason why this grade of the alloy is most commonly used in applications, such as chemical processing, medical, aerospace, marine, and so on.
3. Titanium Grade 9 – The titanium grade 9 alloy is known for its high strength. It has a tensile strength that is higher than that of a pure grade 2 titanium alloy. This better strength at room and elevated temperatures make this grade of the alloy more popular in a variety of applications. This alloy grade is also referred to as Ti-3AL-2.5V. The weldability of grade 9 titanium alloy is more as compared to that of grade 5 titanium alloy.
Titanium CNC Machined Parts
We, at BDE, offer CNC machining for the following titanium parts, and more:
• Research and Development
• Engine Parts
• Medical Prostheses
• Orthopedic Implants
• Heat Exchangers
• Ocean Applications
• Machine Frames
Are you already thinking of availing titanium CNC machining service? We can be a good help. We are a team of skilled professionals, who have a huge experience in providing quality titanium CNC machining services. To know more about our services, please get in touch with our experts today. You can reach out to us both, via phone, as well as email. Give us a call on 866.262.6233, or simply mail us your requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org.