Marine CNC Machining
For obvious reasons, high-quality surface finish and meticulous choice of material are required in the marine industry. In the said industry, systems are exposed to harsh environmental conditions. Thus, it is of utmost importance to manufacturing components and parts that offer great resistance to corrosion. At BDE Inc., we have the capability to machine complex parts and components from a wide range of materials.
Different Material Options at BDE Inc.
Various components of marine systems are made from diverse corrosion resistant materials. We work with the following materials:
1. Marine Grade Stainless Steel: There are different grades of stainless steel. However, in the marine industry, marine grade 316 stainless steel material is used. Its properties such as resistance to chlorides, bromides, sulfuric acid, and iodides make it suitable for use in the said industry. Besides this, it offers resistance to corrosion, when exposed to seawater.
2. Aluminum Alloys: The 5XXX and 6XXX series of aluminum alloys are suitable for marine applications. We have the capability to work with grades 5052, 5083, 6061-T6, 6082, 6061, 6005A, and 6060 of aluminum alloys that are most commonly used in the industry.
3. Titanium Alloy: Ti6Al4V, which is also referred to as Ti-6Al-4V, or simply Ti 6-4, is an alloy of titanium which is majorly used in the marine applications. This titanium alloy is known for its strength and corrosion resistance.
These materials are capable of working in harsh environmental conditions, which is the fundamental requirement of the marine industry.
Our CNC Machining Capabilities for Marine Industry
At BDE Manufacturing Technologies, Inc. we provide CNC machining services from our well-equipped machine shop. Our quality products and services are a result of the machining capabilities that we have. Here are our CNC machining capabilities that benefit the marine industry:
1. Precision CNC Machining – Various parts required in the marine industry are manufactured using precision CNC machining that we provide. To carry out precision machining, we use a number of tools and equipment, such as turning centers with live tools, vertical machining centers, horizontal & vertical band saws, honing machines, cold saws, and similar equipment. These equipment and tools help us perform operations like a spline, facing, profiling, and several other operations. We can machine titanium and aluminum alloys, which are most widely used in the marine industry.
2. CNC Turning & Milling – The turning and milling services that we provide are of utmost importance for the marine industry. We can perform turning and milling of titanium and aluminum alloys at our facility by using advanced, high-quality machinery. CNC lathe, horizontal and vertical mills, tool room lathe, and CNC turning center are some advanced equipment that we use to perform drilling, threading, hard turning, peripheral milling, and various other operations in the said industry.
3. Large Part CNC Machining – In the marine industry, often large parts are required to be manufactured. Also, these parts should be manufactured with high precision. Our large part CNC machining service addresses this concern. Our vast experience allows manufacturing large parts to close tolerances. We have the capability to manufacture large parts with complex designs with our 3 axis and 4 axis vertical and horizontal machining equipment.
Applications of CNC Machining in Marine Industry
We can manufacture various parts of marine systems and vehicles, which include:
1. Arrester gears
2. Power trains and propulsion systems
3. Marine power and transmission units
4. Connecting shafts
5. Flanges and valves
6. Parts for marine engines
A team of experienced and knowledgeable professionals at BDE Inc. provides you with only the best and prompt service in Portland, Oregon. You can get in touch with our experts for your CNC machining requirements related to the marine industry. Please give us a call on 866.262.6233. Alternatively, you can also send us an email with your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org.